Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be and may be used to identify or contact a single person.
Personal Information We Collect
- When you form an Atlas ID, submit an application for commercial credit, purchase a product, download software or a software update, use our services, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect information, including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information and credit card information.
- When you share your personal or business content with family and friends using Atlas products, send products, or invite others to participate in Atlas services or forums or products, Atlas may collect the information you provide about those people including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Atlas will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID under certain circumstances or as required by law.
Use of Your Personal Information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you aprised on Atlas’s latest product announcements, software updates, software downloads, and upcoming events. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt-out anytime by emailing us at EMAIL.
- We use personal information to assist us to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, site and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may use your personal information for account and network security purposes in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it stems from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly required and within our appraised and evaluated legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also need to validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including, but not limited to, date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services e.g. we may use date of birth to determine the age of Atlas ID account holders.
- Occassionally, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, policies and other legally relevant information. Because this information is important to your relationship and working with Atlas, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, marketing and research to improve Atlas’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, game or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Source of Personal Information Where Not Collected From You
Occassionally, we receive your personal information from other persons when that person has shared their content with you using Atlas products, and products, or invited you to participate in Atlas services or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating an Atlas ID with a third party for security and fraud prevention reasons.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices, recordings or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we act in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear within.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not individually permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. As an example of non-personal dat we collect see the following:
- We may collect occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an Atlas product allowing us to understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries and site navigation. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results supplied by our services. Except in limited instances to insure the quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help developers improve their products.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information so as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Ads that are delivered by Atlas’s advertising platform may appear on the Atlas website or emails. If you do not wish to receive ads targeted to your interests from Atlas's advertising platform, please email Atlas at EMAIL, which will opt your Atlas ID out of receiving advertisement.
If you want to disable cookies check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Atlas website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
We gather some information automatically and store it in log files such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends and movements, to administer and learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base. Atlas may use this information in our marketing and advertising services to better improve the customer experience and such.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to website content on the Atlas website. When customers click one of these URLs, the customer passes through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you do not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags allow us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they inform us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Atlas’s websites and online services may use “cookies.” Cookies enable you the customer to use shopping carts and to personalize your experience on Atlas sites, inform us which parts of our websites customers have visited, help us measure the effectiveness of ads and web searches, and give us insights into customer behavior so we can enhance our communications and products for you the customer.
If you want to disable cookies, please follow instructions of your web browser or internet provider.
The cookies used on our websites and other online services have been categorized based on the guidelines found in the ICC UK Cookie guide as follows:
These cookies are essential to enable you to browse around our websites and use features. Absent these cookies, services like shopping baskets cannot be provided.
These cookies collect information about how you use our websites. This data may be used to assist optimize our websites and make them frictionless for you to navigate. These cookies are also used to inform affiliates if you came to one of our websites from an affiliate and if your visit resulted in the use or purchase of a product or service from us, including details of the product or service purchased. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous without your personal information.
These cookies allow our websites to memorize choices you make while browsing. We may store your physical location in a cookie to ensure that we show you our website uniquely for your area. We may also memorize preferences such as text size, fonts, and other customizable site elements. We may use this information to keep track of featured products or videos that have been viewed to avoid duplication. The information these cookies collect will not personally identify you meaning such information remains anonymous, and cannot track your browsing activity on non-Atlas websites.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Atlas may make personal information available to affiliates that work with Atlas to provide products and services, or that help Atlas market to customers. Personal information will be shared by Atlas foley to provide or improve our products, services and advertising and will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Atlas shares personal information with companies who provide services like information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and improving customer data, providing customer service, evaluating your interest in our products and services, and performing customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and located wherever Atlas operates.
It may be necessary as required by law, legal process, litigation, and requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for Atlas to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate as required by law.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably required to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. In the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Atlas takes the security of your personal information seriously. Atlas online services such as the Atlas website protect your personal information during transfer using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Atlas, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures to insure privacy and protection.
When you use Atlas products, services, or applications or post on an Atlas forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible and take responsibility for the personal information you choose to share or submit under these circumstances e.g. if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please be conscious when using such features.
The Existence of Automated Decision Making, Profiling, Etc.
Atlas will not make any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that profoundly has an impact on you.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help insure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, whole and up to date by signing in to your Atlas ID account page. For other personal information maintained by Atlas, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is not accurate or delete the data if Atlas is not required to maintain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.We may decline to process requests that are frivolous, jeopardize the privacy of others, irrelevant, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law - Atlas will comply with the law as required. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would defeat our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as defined herein. Online tools for the purpose of access, correction, or deletion requests are available on a regional basis by signing in to privacy.atlas.co. Where the online tool is not currently available for access requests in your region, a request may be made directly to atlas.co/legal/privacy/contact.
Children & Education
We understand the importance of taking heightened security precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Atlas products and services. Children under the age of 18, are not permitted to create their own Atlas IDs.
If we learn we have collected personal information of a child under 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as we are able.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Atlas websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, online, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties as such. Information collected by third parties, which, may include such things as location data or contact information, is governed by their privacy practices. We advise you to learn to these sites and learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Atlas abides by the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Cross Border Privacy Rules System. The APEC CBPR system provides a framework for organizations to ensure protection of personal information transferred among participating APEC economies.
Atlas Commitment to Your Privacy
To insure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Atlas employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within Atlas.
When a privacy question or question about personal information received in response to an access or download request is received our general counsel will address the specific concern or inquiry, which you are seeking to resolve. When your issue is serious, we will contact you for more information. If you are not satisfied with our reply, you may refer your complaint to the relevant official in your jurisdiction. Upon request, we will do our best to provide you with information about avenues, which may be relevant to your situation.
Copyright © 2018 Atlas Core LLC. All Rights Reserved
Atlas Core LLC, ADDRESS, USA.